Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cineraria multiflora

This is one of my favourite winter annuals. I like them because the flowers are sweetly smelling and their colour ranges from deep rich purple and blue, through to white and pink, The dwarf compact forms make great container plants for placing on tables outdoors. They like lots of water and good rich soil and are prone to leaf miner if put under any stress. Cinerarias have been bred from wild forms of a Senecio found on the Canary Islands and in Portugal.

3 comments:

  1. I like the intense blue of the first one. I tried to grow cinerarias, but have always failed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that blue one a plant you own? If so, may I have some seeds?

    thx, Douglas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Douglas I didn't save the seeds sorry mate

    ReplyDelete