Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Justicia scheidweileri 'Brazilian Fireworks'

Brazilian Fireworks,
Justicia scheidweileri 
 I love the vibrant colour contrast of the bracts compared with the flowers on this little plant. It is a small shrub which grows to about 20cm and flowers for most of the year prefering a sheltered or shady spot. It would be suitable to grow as an indoor plant in frosty climates and brought outdoors over summer. I hope to get some cuttings of this plant soon and have it growing well by next summer.
2017 update: I still only have one small plant of this. It is not particularly robust.

1 comment:

  1. I know this website presents quality based articles or reviews and extra material,
    is there any other site which gives these information in quality?
    Also see my page :: More Info

    ReplyDelete